Individual cuts are available at the farm store YEAR ROUND! Please come out and try our beef before making a commitment to freezer beef.
Why Should I Buy Local Grass-Fed Freezer Beef?
1. No Antibiotics, growth hormones, or any unnatural additives.
2. Less Total Fat! A 6oz steak can have the same amount of fat as a skinless chicken breast.
3. Less Calories! A 6oz steak from a pasture raised cow can have 100 fewer calories than a 6oz steak from factory farmed animals.
4. More Omega-3’s! There are 2 to 4 TIMES the amount of these “good-fats” in pasture raised beef.
5. Higher amounts of Vitamin E which helps reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer!
Commonly Asked Questions
1. How much freezer space do I need?
a. For a ¼ of a cow you would need approximately 5-8 cubic feet of freezer space
2. How much actual beef do I get from the cow?
a. The average cow will weigh about 1200lbs live weight. This will produce about 530lbs of usable processed meat. The exact amount will depend on the cuts that you choose when you have it processed.
3. How much does the meat cost?
a. We charge $5.05-$5.25/lb DRESSED HANGING WEIGHT plus processing fees which are paid directly to the processor. On average, your final cost will be about $10.00-$14.00/pound. Compare to buying a Rib-Eye steak at a grocery store for $11.99 on sale and that’s a factory farmed steak! Please remember that it depends on the final size of the steer and how you have it cut.
4. How much does the processing the meat cost?
a. The processing charge will vary – but expect to pay 80¢/pound hanging weight. An example is: hanging weight for 1/2 = 335 lbs x 80¢/pound = $268 processing plus the kill fee of $30 so a total of $298 for processing so your total cost would be $298 for processing + ($5.15/pound x 335lbs = $1725.25) for an overall total for 1/2 a steer $2123.25. This, of course, will vary depending on the cuts requested but it does give you an idea of what 1/2 a steer will cost. (Figure a little over 1/2 of that amount would be for ~1/4 of a steer).
5. I have NO IDEA what to get can you help me?
a. Of course! Starting in 2009 we changed things up a little. If you order 1/4 of a steer, the cuts are pre-determined. If you are ordering 1/2 or whole, you will go over the cut sheet with us so we can make sure you get what you would like. We can help guide you to decide which cuts are best for you and your family.
Services we offer other farms don’t:
- We deal with the butcher so you don’t have to!
- We pick up your meat from the butcher and bring it back to our farm so you pick up directly from us!
- We box up your meat (when we can) so you can pick up and go!
- We personally will help you through the cut sheet
- We will help you divide the beef up if needed
- And so many more personal, convenient services which just come naturally to us!
Our beef are raised and finished on pasture (grass-fed) – NOT corn-finished!
They are all 100% PRIME Certified Black Angus Beef
Pricing is based on DRESSED hanging weight
Price Per Pound
You are also responsible for the processing fees payable to the processing facility on top of the above pricing.
These prices are starting in January 2017
This means that the prices are subject to change without notice.
A $50.00 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit is required to reserve your portion for 1/4 steer.
A $100 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit is required for 1/2 or whole steer.
Average DRESSED weight for our steers in November 2014 for 1/4 was 235 pounds.
The average price INCLUDING PROCESSING for 1/4 was $1533 (this includes the deposit)
** A 1200 lb Grade 1 -3 Steer will give you 750 lbs HANGING WEIGHT then will produce 505-530 lbs of retail cuts. Our steers have been 1200-1600 lbs in 2014 – It ALWAYS depends on the SEASON and the PASTURE!! All our beef in 2014-2015 was graded PRIME +**
WATCH FOR A NEW ORDER FOR TO SHOW UP SHORTLY AFTER THE BEGINNING OF SEPTEMBER!!!
Standard Cuts for 1/2 a Steer